Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Diddy & Kelis Rock for a Good Cause!


Diddy and Kelis rocked the stage for a crowd of eleven thousand volunteers at London's Wembley Arena on July 12, 2011..

Set up by RockCorps, the project rewards youngsters with tickets to a free music concert in return for four hours of their time volunteering on a local project within the community. Even Diddy got his hands dirty at a project on Monday.

The music mogul had some wise words about volunteering to share with the youngsters.

"I think it's important, first of all for kids to be raised in a way of giving and not just receiving, and I think it helps to take accountability and responsibility for our own communities," said Diddy.

"And also I think it teaches kids what you get when we all work together and you get this feeling that can't be described, unless you're giving or volunteering. It's a feeling that you get that money doesn't give you, that a payment doesn't give you, not even the tickets to the concert," he added.

Adding some glamor to the event was Kelis, who has performed at past RockCorps events in the US.

"Well I think it's great, more importantly it's even so much about _ yes more people should do it _ but I think it's more about awareness. I don't think people realize how feasible it is to just actually lend yourself to be a help. I think people always assume it takes lots of money or something that's ungraspable. I think sometimes your time is worth more than you can ever write a check for," the Milkshake singer told the Associated Press.

No comments: