Sunday, September 16, 2012

Celebrity Spotlight: Usher


Usher's Bedroom Confessions
It's something Oprah says she's always wondered about: Does Usher, an artist known for his steaming hot videos and sexy song lyrics, make love to his own music? His answer may surprise you.

Usher has never before revealed any of the events of his divorce and custody battle - and says he never will again. In an exclusive interview with Oprah, he opens up about his divorce, being a father and setting the mood.


On being a accused of being an absentee father.
"Absentee from the aspect of having to work. No, I am not an absentee father at all. It is nasty fighting over children, no one ever wins."

Current state of his relationship with ex-wife Tameka Foster.
"We don't see eye to eye. We were friends and she made us enemies."

Breakdown in Berlin.
"I could not see my boys. I felt like I would never perform again. I felt like a failure to them, to my sons. It took me some time to get myself together, I canceled a lot of dates."

Being a good father when not having a father in his own life.
"Having not had a father, is not a good reason to not be a good father."

Making love to his own music.
"Some may say this rather narcissistic, but yeah! (smiles) Some guys don't care. I like to take my time and set the mood. It starts with a little Luther, Teddy P and get more modern."

Oprah asks Usher's mom, does she wish you would have made another decision and gone to the wedding.
"No. I couldn't because I knew we would be in the same space we were in for the past year."


"If you don't evolve, you dissolve!" - Usher Raymond


Usher's parenting philosophy.

Exclusive Webisode: Usher's Parenting Philosophy
Chart-topping R&B superstar Usher, the father of 4-year-old Usher and 3-year-old Naviyd, takes Oprah inside his sons' playroom. Watch as Usher explains how he rewards good behavior with field trips and treats...and discourages bad behavior with the time-out zone.

No comments: