Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tamar Braxton: Family's Reality Show And Her Upcoming CD

Tamar Braxton was the breakout star on the first season of "Braxton Family Values," the reality show about the lives of Toni Braxton and her four sisters.

Tamar won over fans with her dramatic demeanor, outspokenness and hilarious catch phrases, ending words with ".com" or ".org."

"Braxton Family Values," which premiered in April, is the highest rated reality show on WEtv. Now, Tamar and her husband Vince Herbert, who discovered Lady Gaga and manages other musical acts, are getting a spinoff show on WEtv. "Tamar ...Vince" will debut in the fourth quarter next year and production begins in March.


On getting most of the attention:
"I used to feel heavy guilt; now I feel a little bit of guilt because I see that this is something me and my sisters are doing together and I don't want anybody to be like, 'She's my favorite' and 'I like her the best,'" she said. "It was really, really hard at first, although I was onstage dancing and stuff, in the inside I felt like, 'Wow, let me just not do that.'"

On how the first season has changed the sisters' relationship:
"Not so much at first. At first it was really odd and weird, I guess when you're married to people that are not involved in the business part, they think that you have some type of ulterior motive, and Vince and I simply are not those people, exactly. So when you have people yap, yap and yapping, and putting their two cents in, you kind of get a little fragrant, I'm going to use that word, about what they say. So, we're back to normal. But at first, (no-no) baby, it was a hot mess. 'Why you doing that?!' and 'Who did that?!' and 'You think you this, that and the other,' and we kind of had to have several meetings to decide, 'OK, this is what we're doing, this is the reason why we're doing it, and so, everything kind of played out."

Since the show, Tamar's music career is rolling on; her self-titled debut album, which came out in 2000, peaked at No. 127 on the Billboard charts. But she recently performed at the Soul Train Music Awards to honor Gladys Knight, and she's currently working on her sophomore effort.

On her upcoming album:
"I believe I'm making the sound, the record that everybody's expecting for me to make. It's energetic, it's fun, it's opinionated, it's happy. It's me. I'm excited because it's finally the sound and the record that I've always wanted to do."

Tamar is being managed by her husband, who often disagrees with her when it comes to business. She says they are currently debating about her first single. But she is extremely excited in the direction her life and career are going.

"I'm just excited, I really am. I can't tell you how blessed I feel right now. We have a great show, I have a great marriage and I feel like I'm walking into the career that I was supposed to walk in to."