Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Adele And Bruno Mars GRAND In 2011!

Photo Credits: Lauren Dukoff
Adele's album "21" was the top-seller worldwide in 2011.

It's nominated for six Grammys and sold more than 12 million copies.

In fact "21" is the biggest seller this century in Britain.

Adele - on writing "21":
"I was so tired of being so bitchy about my ex. He's been with about thirty women since me and I'm still singing about him - it's so embarrassing! But I've no idea if he has heard the record, or if he even is kind of clever enough to link it - like, think it's him really! I'm not saying he's dim - I'm just saying, like, towards the end, I don't think he felt like I loved him enough to write a record about him, but I did."

Her success is hopefully some consolation to Adele, who had to pull out of many concerts due to illness, and underwent throat surgery in 2011.




Bruno Mars equalled her Grammy haul with six nominations of his own.

His soul song "Grenade" was stuck in the U.S. charts for 36 weeks, while the album went top 10 in over 20 countries.