Monday, November 21, 2011

Beyonce's New Concert DVD and Performing While Pregnant


If you missed "The Intimate Nights" shows at Roseland in NYC, you can get a behind-the-scenes look in her new "Live at Roseland" DVD, available exclusively at Walmart this week. Beyonce said "The Intimate Night" shows were her last concert performance of the year.

Along with classics from her Destiny's Child days and major hits from her solo career, the DVD includes interviews with the singer, home footage of rehearsals and special family moments.


Performing at Roseland while secretly pregnant:
"The whole time I definitely was thinking, 'Everyone knows. Everyone can see.' I really was appreciative because I drove up and I said it during the performance. I saw everyone standing out in the rain with their umbrellas and they had been waiting for hours and I just wanted to give everything I could so I tried my best. I had a beautiful time and it felt more like we were all performing together as opposed to me being on the stage. I really wanted to do something intimate and I wanted to do something where I could make eye contact with the fans and where people could enjoy the new album because I knew I wouldn't have many opportunities to perform the album so it was important for me."

DVD is a time capsule for her child:
"I think it says a lot about my life and hopefully will be - they'll know 'I can't believe I was in that belly.' (laughs.)"

Will she stop performing:"No, I feel like I've been here for a very long time and I'm still growing and I plan to continue to perform and do things that I love but I think you know after 15 years it's time that I just enjoy my life and performing gives me so much pleasure I love it so much and I do it because I love it and I'll continue to do it but as far as you know taking risks and staying excited and inspiring other people that's what I wanted to do more so than proving anything to anyone."

Loyalty of her fans:
“Yes, I appreciate all of the support. Sometimes I'm like 'tone it down' (laughs) but it's really beautiful and I honestly from the bottom of my heart give everything that I can give.  I'm always thinking about all of the fans and this is my  job and I'm very, very honored to have the opportunity to do something I love but something that touches other people."

Performing at the Grammy’s:"When you're pregnant, it's a little bit harder to breathe, so it was hard doing all the choreography and singing at the same time," said the 30-year-old singer in an onstage interview.