Monday, October 17, 2011

Viva La Vintage: Bridgett Artise

By: Stacey Angela, Fashion Reporter for Grand Life Daily


Bridgett Artise
The Vintage Expert


The fabulosity of seventies glam is here and here to stay. So with designer/author/producer Bridgett Artise, I fell in love immediately with her collection B.Artise, Born Again Vintage. Dubbed by the New York Times as the "vintage expert", Bridgett Artise's focus isn’t just on creating amazing pieces but also on going green. With the world's focus on bettering our environment I wanted to get inside the brain of the inspiring fashion powerhouse. Her pieces give a nod to yesterdays fashion while staying on point with the trends of today.

Here at Grand Life Daily our goal is to keep you connected and in the know, you will never forget Bridgett Artise's pieces and its a must have for all.
 
Stacey: Who is Bridgett Artise?
Bridgett: I am a mom, designer, teacher, author, daughter, sister and friend. I would like to think of myself as a pioneer of sustainable fashion, or someone who inspires others to think outside of the box. My goal wasn't to be a designer that's where my path took me so just when you think you know yourself something else is being revealed. I would say who I think I am today might not necessarily be who I end up being tomorrow.
 
Stacey: What/Who is your fashion/style inspiration?
Bridgett: Life. Most designers name their favorite designer but it is Life that out the blue showed me this talent, and allowed me to write a book.  So Life continues to inspire me because I never know what’s next and I am thankful and I never take for granted what Life has shown me. 

Stacey: What is your price point?
Bridgett: I have vintage baseball caps with sayings for as low as $25 and jacket could be as high as $400. So I really have something to accommodate everyone on every level. All you have to do is dare to be different.

Stacey: Why vintage design?
Bridgett: Vintage chose me. I was putting together a fashion show for children years ago and went to the thrift shop to grab some stuff. After the show one of judges approached me and said "I see you like vintage?".  At the time I didn’t even know what vintage was. Apparently everything I picked out was vintage so that is why I say vintage chose me. I gravitated to it like it was a long lost friend.

Stacey: How accessible is your line and where can we find it?
Bridgett: Well just like my clothes are random so are my locations. So if you are located in North Carolina, Maryland, Texas, Chicago , Tokyo you will be able to find my items. You can also find my collection on etsy.com.

Knowledge is power, below you will find all the necessary, fabulous information you need to acquire a B. ARTISE piece into your collection. You’ll never regret it...

www.b-artise.com
www.facebook.com/bartise
Twitter @bartise
Her book: BORN AGAIN VINTAGE: 25 WAYS TO DECONSTRUCT, REINVENT AND RECYCLE YOUR WARDROBE (Crown Publishing 2008)

Peace, Love and Gorgeous Light!