Monday, October 10, 2011

Tory Burch On Kanye West & Celebrities Wearing Her Clothes

(AP) -- Designer Tory Burch, with her chic town-and-country collection, has an unlikely super fan: Kanye West.

West has been a regular at Burch's Fashion Week presentations and the 45-year-old mom of six says the two hit it off right away.

"Well I think we met through a mutual friend and then we became fans of each other. I'm a big fan of his music and he loves fashion, so we hit it off."

The celeb fave designer has other high-profile fans including Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey and her designs are regularly featured on TV's "Gossip Girl," where Burch had a cameo as well.

"I'm always so flattered to see who wears it - weather it's someone on the street or a celebrity and so excited that they choose our collection and I love seeing the way they put it together."

Burch, who has three biological children and three step children, is expanding her fashion empire with a a new store in Dubai. She's also preparing to launch a new fragrance. So how does she manage it all?

"I think you can have it all, but just know that I think it's going to be a lot of work. I think that's really what it comes down to is really finding a balance that works for you and so both things well. Be a great mom and a great business person and I think it's about time management and really a lot of organization."

No comments: