Friday, August 15, 2014

MAC's Latest Icon Collection With Brooke Shields

Photo Credit: Courtesy
On October 2, North American MAC stores will introduce the brands new Icon line designed by model, actress and author - Brooke Shields.

Shields was inspired to create two cosmetics concepts. “One was this really fresh-faced, cleaner, daytime look and the other was much more vampy with a big focus on the eyes, and I’m both of these things,” she explained. “I like the natural part of myself, and I like the sexier side, too. James asked me what I liked best, and I just could not make up my mind between these two very diverse looks. So I thought, ‘Maybe they’ll like one better, or say this is the one for the market.’ It was like trying to pick a wedding dress.”

 This is MAC's largest Icon collection to date with 15 pieces ranging in price from $17 - $85. The centerpiece is a 16-shade eye shadow palette, the first time the brand has done a celebrity palette so large. The $85 offering includes shades ranging from Pretty, a soft golden peach beige, to Carbone, a matte black shade.

Photo Credit: Courtesy
The woman with arguably the best-known eyebrows of all time has created the Veluxe Brow Liner in a midtone muted gray, $20, and a brow set with clear gel, $17. Two Veluxe Pearl Fusion Shadows, $44 each, will be offered, as will a Cremeblend Blush Duo, $31; two shades of lipstick, $22 each; a bronzer, $27.50; two Lipglasses, each $22; two shades of nail lacquer, each $17, and Optimum Black Opulash mascara, $17.

The gray packaging with orange accents — a departure from the brand’s stark black compacts — was modeled after a recent redecorating project in the actress’ home in New York’s West Village. And the names? “I kept coming up with names and lists. I’d sit and have sessions with myself. Then, once you run through sort of your children’s names and your dogs’ names and your towns, it’s like ‘Now that I’ve got that out of my system, I can be creative.’” She passed on naming any of the shades after her daughters. “It felt a little too precious [to do that],” she said. However, the dog made the cut with Pepper, a dark charcoal eye shadow.

The brand will be available in 76 countries later in October.

No comments: